Silicon- and plasmonics-based photonic integration
- Complete characterisation setup for integrated Si-photonic and plasmonic circuits, including tunable lasers, grating coupler system, and optical spectrum analyzer.
- Pockel-cell pulse picker system
- Digital signal generator and osilloscope
- CW lasers at visible and NIR
- Supercontinuum source, and other white light sources at various power levels
- Y. Zhang, X. Ren, D. Liu, M. Yan, and M. Zhang, "Inverse design of compact digital nanophotonic power dividers with arbitrary power ratios using modified adjoint method," to be presented in CLEO/Europe (2019).
- X. Sun, X. Chen, M. Yan, M. Qiu, L. Thylen, L. Wosinski, “All-optical switching using a hybrid plasmonic donut resonator with photothermal absorber,” Photon. Technol. Lett. 28, 1609 (2016).
- H. Gong, X. Chen, Y. Qu, Q. Li, M. Yan, M. Qiu, "Photothermal switching based on silicon Mach–Zehnder interferometer integrated with light absorber," IEEE Photon. J. 8, 7802610 (2016).
- Y. Shi, X. Chen, F. Lou, Y. Chen, M. Yan, M. Qiu, "All-optical-switching in silicon disk resonator based on photothermal effect of metal-insulator-metal absorber," Opt. Lett. 39, 4431 (2014).
- X. Chen, Y. Shi, F. Lou, Y. Chen, M. Yan, L. Wosinski, M. Qiu, "Photothermally tunable silicon-microring-based optical add-drop filter through integrated light absorber," Opt. Express 22, 25233 (2014).
- "Ultra-low-loss, compact, and tunable silicon photonics for on-chip optical interconnects", STINT (The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education), 2019-2021, 0.6 MSEK, main applicant - Max Yan
- “Hybrid plasmonic components with gain for optical interconnects”, VR (Swedish Research Council), 2016-2019, 3.4 MSEK, main applicant - Lech Wosinski
- "Harnessing photothermal effect in plasmonic systems", VR (Swedish Research Council), 2012-2016, 3 MSEK, starting grant, main applicant - Max Yan
- Others: Linnaeus Center ADOPT on "Nanophotonic components" ('09-'18, ~0.65 MSEK/year)