Our research focuses on functional and nano- materials for energy, environment and bio-medical applications through thematic activities in ‘Planetcare’ and ‘Healthcare’.
Water/Energy/sustainabile technology nexus
Impaired water treatment
- Capacitive Deionisation
- Enhanced adsorption/desorption processes
- Visible Light photocatalysis
- CO oxidation and reverse gas shift reaction is of interest from climate change
- Solar Cells
- Novel hydrogen production.
Anti-fouling coatings and structures
Biomedical applications of nanostructures
- MR contrasting agents
- drug delivery and release
FNM coordinates and collaborates in various nanotechnology projects with a wide network of institutes and research groups within Sweden (KTH, SU, KI, UU) as well as in the EU, Asia (China, India), Latin America (Chile, Argentina), south-east Asia (Thailand, Philipines) and the middle-east (Oman, Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia).