Optics and Photonics
Optics and photonics have contributed, and will still contribute critically to the modern information society due to the high transmission speed and the abundant spectral bandwidth of light. We conduct research and education over topics ranging from basic physical investigation of emerging optical materials (including plasmonic materials, novel polymers, and metamaterials), to semiconductor optics, silicon photonics, and optical communication, towards applications like lighting, detectors, spectroscopy, sensors, high-speed photonic circuits, and even solar-energy harvesting.
We participate in the Linnaeus center in Advanced Optics and Photonics (ADOPT).
- Research work from OFO awarded
1 Nov 2016
- Reyhaneh to defend thesis on June-2
6 May 2015
- Master project on synthetic opal for solar cell available
28 Nov 2014
- Most-downloaded papers in optics carry FMI researchers’ names
24 Nov 2014
- This year’s prize is about light
7 Oct 2014